Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 07:27:59 +0200

Gesendet: Montag, 19. Juni 2017 um 05:56 Uhr
Von: Larx <throwaway@xxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re:
[opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at
startup

Am 18. Juni 2017 22:27:10 MESZ schrieb Sarah Julia Kriesch

Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Juni 2017 um 21:05 Uhr
Von: "Neal Gompa" <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
An: oS-fctry <opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
[opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault
at startup

Heck, in Fedora, we *developed* HyperKitty and Posterius for Mailman
3
specifically to address this pain point.

As for improving openSUSE infrastructure, my understanding is that
this is fundamentally not possible, as mailing lists (mlmmj) and the
issue tracker (bugzilla) are maintained by SUSE/Micro Focus employees
exclusively. The best we can do is complain about it.

Since one year it is possible, because the Heroes Team was founded at
the oSC 16.
Heroes are responsible for the openSUSE infrastructure. Mailing lists
are in community hands (Per Jessen) now, too.
We are open for new ideas and improvements. You can contribute there,
too.

Best regards,
Sarah

Where? As with many things in openSUSE, this is a great idea, but it is not
really obvious from the bulk of different websites where to contribute. I did
not know about Heroes until know.
https://news.opensuse.org/2016/07/25/introducing-opensuse-heroes/