Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 22:27:10 +0200

Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. Juni 2017 um 21:05 Uhr
Von: "Neal Gompa" <ngompa13@xxxxxxxxx>
An: oS-fctry <opensuse-factory@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: OT: Userfriendliness of mailing list, was: Re:
[opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at
startup

Heck, in Fedora, we *developed* HyperKitty and Posterius for Mailman 3
specifically to address this pain point.

As for improving openSUSE infrastructure, my understanding is that
this is fundamentally not possible, as mailing lists (mlmmj) and the
issue tracker (bugzilla) are maintained by SUSE/Micro Focus employees
exclusively. The best we can do is complain about it.

Since one year it is possible, because the Heroes Team was founded at the oSC
16.
Heroes are responsible for the openSUSE infrastructure. Mailing lists are in
community hands (Per Jessen) now, too.
We are open for new ideas and improvements. You can contribute there, too.

Best regards,
Sarah