Re: [opensuse-factory] /etc/issue banner repeating on serial
* Andreas Färber <afaerber@xxxxxxx> [06-18-17 10:42]:
Hi,

For some months, Tumbleweed displays IP addresses on the serial console,
as in:

Welcome to openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170617 - Kernel 4.12.0-rc5-1.g270295f-lpae
(ttyAMA0).

eth0: <IPv4> <IPv6>

raspi2 login:
Welcome to openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170617 - Kernel 4.12.0-rc5-1.g270295f-lpae
(ttyAMA0).

eth0: <IPv4> <IPv6>

raspi2 login:
[...]

Annoyingly this output keeps repeating every few minutes, so that useful
kernel output may scroll out of screen over time.

I don't see that and have Tw current. I see the openSUSE greeting and
version identification and network connection, but only once. and this is
a new install, second day.

Previously, the static banner was displayed only once, and pressing
ENTER was an easy enough way to get a new login prompt with banner.

By my reading of /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-issue-generator.rules,
issue-generator should only be called when net devices are
added/removed, which does not seem to be happening in my case (judging
by /run/issue timestamp).

Why is /etc/issue printed more than once? The IP addresses don't change.

I don't see it on my five boxes.