Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 and Kernel
On 06/18/2017 05:42 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-06-18 07:38, Karl Cheng wrote:
On 17 June 2017 at 22:39, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't expect it.
This is one of the effects of basing Leap on SLES.

Well that doesn't necessarily mean Leap *must* have the same kernel
(e.g. 42.1), but I would agree that it's unlikely we'd see a kernel
update at this point in time.

Well, basically it does :-)

It is not the exact same version, though.

Although Leap42.3 is using a 4.4.X kernel, it does have some fixes ported from later kernels so that it can support newer hardware. These backports are the reason you see snippets like the following in spec files:

%if 0%{?sle_version} == 120300
%patch114 -p1
%endif

That one is needed for VirtualBox to build as the get_user_pages() API has been changed to match the one updated in kernel 4.10.

Larry