[opensuse-factory] /etc/issue banner repeating on serial
Hi,

For some months, Tumbleweed displays IP addresses on the serial console,
as in:

Welcome to openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170617 - Kernel 4.12.0-rc5-1.g270295f-lpae
(ttyAMA0).

eth0: <IPv4> <IPv6>

raspi2 login:
Welcome to openSUSE Tumbleweed 20170617 - Kernel 4.12.0-rc5-1.g270295f-lpae
(ttyAMA0).

eth0: <IPv4> <IPv6>

raspi2 login:
[...]

Annoyingly this output keeps repeating every few minutes, so that useful
kernel output may scroll out of screen over time.

Previously, the static banner was displayed only once, and pressing
ENTER was an easy enough way to get a new login prompt with banner.

By my reading of /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/90-issue-generator.rules,
issue-generator should only be called when net devices are
added/removed, which does not seem to be happening in my case (judging
by /run/issue timestamp).

Why is /etc/issue printed more than once? The IP addresses don't change.

Thanks for any hints,

Andreas

HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)