Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 and Kernel
On 2017-06-18 07:38, Karl Cheng wrote:
On 17 June 2017 at 22:39, Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't expect it.
This is one of the effects of basing Leap on SLES.

Well that doesn't necessarily mean Leap *must* have the same kernel
(e.g. 42.1), but I would agree that it's unlikely we'd see a kernel
update at this point in time.

Well, basically it does :-)

It is not the exact same version, though.

IMO (if there isn't one somewhere I'm not aware of) there should be
some sort of checklist for each release where decisions for important
updates are recorded down.

This was clear years ago, when Leap was first designed and made. No
surprise at all.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.