Re: [opensuse-factory] Default online repositories not used by default: Bug or feature?
  • From: pit <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:39:08 +0100
opensuse.lietuviu.kalba wrote:
Hi,

I tested latest openSUSE 42.3beta ISO. Default online repositories not used
even if installing with network connection. Though default online
repositories (oss, non-oss, oss-updates, non-oss-updates) will be added only
if I intentionally pressed to configure online repositories at dialog for
computer role. Note, in this repositories dialog I did not changed anything,
just accepted all suggestion to add default (oss, non-oss, oss-updates,
non-oss-updates) repositories. If I remember good, in previous versions
these four _default_ repos where enabled by default, and we had option to
include _additional_ repositories. This is new intentional feature to not
use online repositories by default, or this is bug?

No, AFAIR you always have to check 'add online repos before installation', at
least for the full ISO DVD. Without it would only install from DVD.

But I'm usually using the NET install, there of course it uses the online
repos...