Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3: Only GTK apps start, all others segfault at startup
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 23:41:32 +0200
Op vrijdag 16 juni 2017 21:35:09 CEST schreef Larx:
Hello,

I have updated my Leap 42.2 to 42.3 (current version as of today).

Not at all 'current' . Leap 42.3 has not been released yet. Where did you get
this info?

Everything went without a hitch. However, I had to discover that only GTK
apps still work. I tried that from Gnome and IceWM. The desktop is there
and GTK apps (maybe other toolkits, too) start. Anything Qt based crashes
at startup. The same with Firefox. This is on a i915 integrated graphics
laptop. I also created a blank user account, same situation. I really don't
know where to find a hint what's going on here. Any ideas?

Larx

Yep, you've upgraded to a not yet finished release. Having said that, 42.3 runs
very stable on my test partition, upgrade through 'zypper dup' after changing
the repos resulted in a working desktop ( and other things I checked ). The
phenomena you describe make me think your upgrade strategy was somehow
different.
--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member