Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
Hello,

Am Dienstag, 13. Juni 2017, 14:07:26 CEST schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
Op maandag 12 juni 2017 22:03:51 CEST schreef Christian Boltz:
Am Montag, 12. Juni 2017, 10:00:18 CEST schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
It is a recommend. When I remove the lock and do zypper without
--no-
recommends around 1700 packages will be pulled in, with
--no-recommends nothing will be pulled in.

Being able to reproduce it means we are getting closer to finding
out the reason ;-)

First, please create a solver test case as described on
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Zypper_troubleshooting

Did that.

Then go to http://gk2.sk/zypper-dependency-graph/ and follow the
steps described there to get a nice dependency graph. (The article
is quite old, I hope it still works.)

Unfortunately the graph making is no longer supported and the text
file did not mention anything about dependencies.

:-(

I'm not an expert for solver testcases (actually I looked at one for the
first time 5 minutes ago ;-) - but it looks like
/var/log/zypper.solverTestCase/solver-system.xml.gz
contains all the dependencies (including Recommends) for all packages.
Search for "texlive" or just "tex" there ;-)

I also just found zypp-NameReqPrv - have a look at its manpage ;-)

The boring alternative is to search for a zypp expert and ask him/her to
check the testcase ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Es könnte zum Beispiel sein, daß Du inzwischen besser bist als
95% der anderen Teilnehmer hier. Das ist für mindestens 45% der