Re: [opensuse-factory] after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]
In data sabato 10 giugno 2017 17:05:44 CEST, Jan Ritzerfeld ha scritto:
Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
[...]
Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can
post
the mysql error, the account is still there.

E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.

I did paste in the original post the error. Currently akonadi give this error
from the terminal when it starts. As it does not start up no matter what there
is no other error to report than a total "non start of akonadi.
in this user.

Now about ranting:
I could rant since a long time. [...]

I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might
piss off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like
the software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many
common problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and
maintain KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the
software...

Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to do
with my time than trying to help people
So this you bring it.... as an argument to closed source software or an
argument why people (as I think) should be paid for their work (see openssl-
project events, which was I guess what happens if everybody leaches instead of
paying people).
Personally I think that the first post wasn't a rant "at all".

who start criticizing the software
in general instead of giving specific information.
This is what I asked for when I said "where to report". As (a part from the
111 error akonadi refuses to start, and after any repair attempt this got even
worse, you may first of all indicate me what info you do need and how I can
raise it. Then I will provide.

[...]
So if you wish to find out about what happens when one is saving /home (as
I hope 100 % of users do when reinstalling the system - as long as they
do not use it just for beta-testing without meaning) go ahead. Because as
the story goes, it would be nice to know. In the net I did find stuff
about version 4 ... and even this was partial. Since many users will be
forced to change from PIM4 to PIM5 it will be probably helpfull to a lot
of people, I am afraid. (Was this "I am afraid" a rant too?).

I was not aware of the fact that your problem started directly after the
migration or that there was any migration at all.

Well I wrote: "I had several anomalies with my post account in one specific
user.
Now having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /home in
the user caring for the main part of postal actions, the start of akonadi also
via akonadictl does fail. "
Maybe you should polish my communication skills? What should I have written
instead of "having reinstalled completely the system by holding stable the /
home".....
Oh, "after a new install in the title": as PIM is migrated only "by force"
with a new system install, but not by upgrade (as you should know and as it
was pointed out "kindly" in bugzilla, when in the past I did report a bug on
version 4 "won'tfix - not supported") when I write: a new install, then I
probably should have been more verbose. I really apologize.
And I really think it could be useful as all users that came from 13.2 to 42.1
to 42.2 via upgrade, not new install as of above, will get upgraded by force
when going from 42.2 to 42.3. Before they will have just used PIM4 without
knowing it. So their experience with your new software would greatly improve
in case the process will run smooth. Which was and is the reason why (although
not payed for it) I do report bugs, try to favor useful information and last
but not least, I am using since 2003 only and exclusively OSS where ever this
is not forced upon me by a state "authority" or an employer.

So please feel free to tell what you do need and be patient and tell me "how"
to raise the info. That we have "paste", well that I know it.

P.S. to close the issue - I shall be noted that I have the deepest respect for
you people. However, respect is, surprisingly "not unilateral".
Regards.