Re: [opensuse-factory] after new install: akonadi fails to start with error 111 in a specific user account? ["Solved"]
  • From: Jan Ritzerfeld <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 17:05:44 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 8. Juni 2017, 07:28:21 CEST schrieb stakanov:
[...]
Oh, with the all the given respect. If you help me to find where I can post
the mysql error, the account is still there.

E.g. https://paste.opensuse.org/ and then post the link here.

Now about ranting:
I could rant since a long time. [...]

I just stated that ranting is usually not effective. By ranting you might piss
off the people who know most about your problem. E.g. people who like the
software and have been using it for years and, thereby solved many common
problems. Or the packagers investing endless hours to integrate and maintain
KDE in openSUSE. And last but not least the developers of the software...

Personally, I do not get paid for this and, thus, I have better things to do
with my time than trying to help people who start criticizing the software in
general instead of giving specific information.

[...]
So if you wish to find out about what happens when one is saving /home (as I
hope 100 % of users do when reinstalling the system - as long as they do
not use it just for beta-testing without meaning) go ahead. Because as the
story goes, it would be nice to know. In the net I did find stuff about
version 4 ... and even this was partial. Since many users will be forced to
change from PIM4 to PIM5 it will be probably helpfull to a lot of people, I
am afraid. (Was this "I am afraid" a rant too?).

I was not aware of the fact that your problem started directly after the
migration or that there was any migration at all.

Auch ein ein wenig "erschöpfter" Gruß.
Kind regards.

Gruß
Jan
--
It's pretty hard to be efficient without being obnoxious.