Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
Am 09.06.2017 um 17:40 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
* Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists@xxxxxxx> [06-09-17 09:40]:
Am 08.06.2017 um 22:55 schrieb Patrick Shanahan:
* Peter Mc Donough <mcd-mail-lists@xxxxxxx> [06-08-17 16:34]:
Am 03.06.2017 um 21:48 schrieb Peter Mc Donough:
on my computer, as root and as user,
rpm -qa *tex*
no output???

then: rpm -qa |grep -v tex
Doesn't help about 2500 lines, with, I think, almost everything the computer uses.
Could you help me with the appropriate zypper settings for removing texlive.
An important one I found already --dry-run.

zypper -v rm texlive

Executed, after a short look at the output, accepted.
Advice zypper ps -s, too many services need a restart.
So, reboot, everything seems to work fine an the system is back to about 10GB disk space.

but really, using "SuSe for 15 "expletive" interesting years" should have
provided you with the knowledge to figure out these things yourself,
unless you count sitting in front of a monitor as using ....

It is your and the other contributors fault, my Tumbleweed runs without too many serious problems;-) and my problem was not one of openSuSe.

Thanks
Peter