Re: [opensuse-factory] TW - zypper hangs while checking for file conflicts
  • From: pit <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 16:31:07 +0100
Roman Bysh wrote:
On 09/06/17 09:01 AM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 4:00 PM, Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And you have kernel-source installed.
which mean
find /usr/src/linux-4.11.3-1/ | wc -l
61754 files to check

Painful, but I've no ideas how to fix this, or even if that can be, which
doubt. If multi-process was simple to implement, I guess it would have
already
done.

The process is most likely IO-bound, which means multi-process would
not make it speedier.

Robert

Can the files in the kernel-source be excluded when updating Plasma 5
packages only? A patch will be needed.

Hmm, this looong check only occurs if you update kernel source. So it
shouldn't (for me: doesn't) happen when kernel-source is not updated.

Of course kernel-updates happen quite often in TW :o