Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
Felix Miata composed on 2017-06-05 21:13 (UTC-0400):

Something is very wrong here on host gx780. Before updating TW from early
April
to 20170602, there were 5 installed kernels and 93% of 5.6GB consumed by / on
EXT4, with the only installed DEs IceWM and KDE3, no LO, no Gimp, no Java,
older
(smaller) ESR Firefox, no Chromium no SeaMonkey. Installed are VLC, Kodi, MPV,
but the start menu doesn't even have an Office selection, nor any 32bit
packages
installed except glibc. Before duping I decreased consumption to 84% by
reducing
installed kernels to 3, then did the dup. After dup, consumption rose to 96%
with 4 installed kernels. I forced a log rotate, emptied caches & tempdirs,
and
removed all journals except current and 1st previous, but / consumption
remains
96% with total installed package count at 1589. Most of my TW installations on
5.6GB partitions with only DE KDE3 are less than 90% consumed with 5 kernels
installed, and more commonly less than 85%. :~(
Same machine's / consumption of other installations, all on EXT4 except as
noted:
13.1 45% of 10.0G KDE4
13.2 52% of 5.6G TDE
42.1 80% of 5.6G TDE