Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
On 2017-06-05 22:25, Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Am 05.06.2017 um 21:20 schrieb Anton Aylward:
On 05/06/17 12:56 PM, Peter Mc Donough wrote:

No, just wondering whether LVM for a system is really necessary
unless you now
that system space requirement are really increasing that much over time.

I think you have a dramatic misunderstanding of what LVM is about.

Probably, my system doesn't require it.
You mentioned a Laptop with a 90G HDD with LV. Why would you need an LVM
there. It can't be data-protection, you would need a second physical
drive for it.

Having a single partition for everything is the thing to do for small
systems. Yes, you can tune directories for optimal use, but... it is not
that useful.

btfs has its advantages, but I can't see any for my computer usage. It
is very unlikely that I would kept the data to roll back Tumbleweed to
solve my original problem, the increase on / from 10G to 12G over three
month. If necessary, it will be quicker to install a fresh Tumbleweed.

btrfs makes size problems worse. It grows! It is a feature :-)

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.