Re: [opensuse-factory] [TW] Graphics glitches (HD530)
05.06.2017 14:39, Peter Suetterlin пишет:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
02.06.2017 13:13, Peter Suetterlin пишет:

Hi

is anyone else experiencing graphics glitches in Tumbleweed since a few
snapshots back?

They show up as horizontal (short) bars on fast-changing features. E.g., I
can see them when resizing an xterm horizontally forth and back. On the
window border that I'm extending I see jaggy features.
Another way to see them is switching desktop (I use slide), often the window
title bar of one or more windows on the screen I slide to shows the
artifacts.

Are you using intel or modesetting Xorg driver?

No idea :o
I'm running on default settings and never checked what 'default' is(*)....

Checking the log I see
[ 6.371] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 0
[ 6.371] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 1
[ 6.371] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[ 6.372] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[ 6.537] (II) UnloadModule: "intel"

So it's the modesetting one.

Personally I have rather negative experience with modesetting driver on
Intel HD 5500; I switched back to intel. You may try whether it makes
any difference.