Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: the curious case of missing cron jobs for btrfs
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2017 13:54:51 +0100
Malcolm wrote:
On Sun 04 Jun 2017 04:21:45 PM CDT, nicholas wrote:

Having noticed my TW btrfs root is stubernly unbalanced i found:
etc/cron.weekly/btrfs-balance
etc/cron.monthly/btrfs-scrub

have both gone awol, compared to diff from 06-04-2017

has this happened to anyone else?
Hi
Yes, I just forced the re-install of the btrfsmaintenance package...
there was also a forum user who had the issue as well...

Same here.

The scripts have been replaced by links to /usr/share/btrfsmaintenance/*
and there's a systemd service to create them. It had been run when installing
the btrfsmaintenance package, but obviously something has removed them again :(

So instead of reinstalling you can also just
systemctl start btrfsmaintenance-refresh