Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB

On 04/06/17 05:18, Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

So, just out of curiosity, did the system miss some housekeeping or does
Tumbleweed simply require more space.

One thing we did was refactor some of the patterns, which may have
caused some new software to be added in some cases but I doubt 2GB
worth, something else may have pulled in other dependencies as well. You
didn't install some debuginfo or devel packages for any reason? both are
capable of taking up alot more system space without much effort.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30