Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
On 06/03/2017 02:48 PM, Peter Mc Donough wrote:

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

I'm still under 10G.

Check how many kernels you have:
ls -l /boot/vmlinuz*

If you have more than 3, then maybe the purge-kernel service (or
whatever it is called) has not been enabled.

Also, open Yast Software Management. Select the "Package groups" view.
Click on "orphaned packages". These are packages that are no longer in
any of your enable repos. I do a cleanup there from time to time.

Note, however, that if you have installed something directly with an
RPM, or from a repo that you have since disabled, that will also show up
as orphaned.