Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink composed on 2017-06-04 00:59 (UTC+0200):

Peter Mc Donough composed:
I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB....

If you used the defaults, your root filesystem is btrfs. Another default is
make a snapshot whenever the system is updated. These are probably causing
the growth.

"for years around" implies an older installation, as does 10GB, likely before
the name "Tumbleweed" supplanted "Factory", and before BTRFS became default.
And, he did write EXT4 root.

Some people aren't agreeable to every default. I saw nothing in OP to suggest OP
used them. I have 0 TW installations out of >20 using BTRFS, and probably as
many using EXT3 as EXT4. Might OP have done likewise, and not used the BTRFS
default?

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/