Re: [opensuse-factory] out of curiosity - / grow from 10 to 12GB
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2017 00:59:34 +0200
Op zaterdag 3 juni 2017 21:48:29 CEST schreef Peter Mc Donough:
Hi,

I noticed that the stuff on my ext4-root-partition has grown by more
than 20% over the last few month and I'm not aware that I added anything
new.
Usual requirements have been for years around 10GB.

So, just out of curiosity, did the system miss some housekeeping or does
Tumbleweed simply require more space.

cu
Peter

If you used the defaults, your root filesystem is btrfs. Another default is to
make a snapshot whenever the system is updated. These are probably causing
the growth.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member