Re: [opensuse-factory] [TW] Graphics glitches (HD530)
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 12:09:40 +0100
Robert Munteanu wrote:

IceWM might not use hardware acceleration for rendering. You might
want to try disabling hardware acceleration for rendering in KDE.

First thought: Um, where would I disable that? *shrug*

The only reference I possibly found was Compositor in Hardware->Display and
Monitor. But it is not enabled. Changed the Rendering backend nevertheless
to 'XRender' and that seems to remove the issue.

Playing around with the available options (XRender, OpenGL 2.0 and 3.1,
initial setting been 2.0) I suddenly could not reproduce the issue anymore
with any of the backends, until I noticed it only shows up if the compositor
is DISabled! But then with any backend.

This is weird....

Also try Gnome-Shell, this one surely uses hardware acceleration.

Don't really feel like pulling in all that gnome stuff just for a test :(