Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170529 major breakage in Thunderbird
Hi,

we had something similar in MozillaFirefox, we will do the same
change toe Thunderbird.

Ciao, Marcus
On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 06:47:51PM -0500, S. wrote:
Hi, I just updated to Tumbleweed 20170529 from whatever the current-minus-1
release was, and Thunderbird is now unusable. It has major graphical
glitches that obscure most of the interface. The UI elements sort of flash
and appear/disappear as I move the mouse over them. This is an example of
what I'm seeing:

http://i.imgur.com/Dl4UdYP.png

http://i.imgur.com/oksucPY.png

(The only think I modified on these screenshots was blurring my personal
information. The large grey rectangles and abnormal white patches are from
this bug.)

I tried disabling all extensions (I only use one), and I confirmed that I'm
not using any custom Thunderbird skins. Also I tried reverting to Adwaita. I
also tried switching from the modesetting Xorg driver the Intel driver, and
I tried both Intel SNA and Intel UXA acceleration. None of these changes
made any difference.

I was able to work around the issue by reverting to this old version I found
here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla:/beta/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/MozillaThunderbird-52.0-2.30.x86_64.rpm

Marcus Meissner,SUSE LINUX GmbH; Maxfeldstrasse 5; D-90409 Nuernberg; Zi.
3.1-33,+49-911-740 53-432,,serv=loki,mail=wotan,type=real <meissner@xxxxxxx>