[opensuse-factory] TW 20170529 major breakage in Thunderbird
Hi, I just updated to Tumbleweed 20170529 from whatever the current-minus-1 release was, and Thunderbird is now unusable. It has major graphical glitches that obscure most of the interface. The UI elements sort of flash and appear/disappear as I move the mouse over them. This is an example of what I'm seeing:

http://i.imgur.com/Dl4UdYP.png

http://i.imgur.com/oksucPY.png

(The only think I modified on these screenshots was blurring my personal information. The large grey rectangles and abnormal white patches are from this bug.)

I tried disabling all extensions (I only use one), and I confirmed that I'm not using any custom Thunderbird skins. Also I tried reverting to Adwaita. I also tried switching from the modesetting Xorg driver the Intel driver, and I tried both Intel SNA and Intel UXA acceleration. None of these changes made any difference.

I was able to work around the issue by reverting to this old version I found here:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla:/beta/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/MozillaThunderbird-52.0-2.30.x86_64.rpm