[opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 status update w20/2017
Hi,

Time flies and even though 42.3 has a rolling development model
we're now about to reach what would be called beta phase in a
traditional model. Therefore I'd like to ask package maintainers and
users alike to check whether there are any bigger changes left to be
done in 42.3. If so, please submit affected packages ASAP. Get in
contact with the release team¹ if you need assistance with that.

Also, SLE12 SP3 has released their final beta². Packages from that
one are about to be integrated in 42.3 and will be available with
builds > 243. SLE will enter release candidate phase soon which
means the base system won't see that many changes anymore. Please
make sure to file bug reports³ for issues you find so they can be
relayed to SLE if needed.

Looking at the list of build failures⁴ I see a number of package
that didn't build for 42.3 for a long time or not at all:

- mono-zeroconf
- qtsharp
- sfml2
- bibtool
- sbcl
- qpid-cpp
- python-keyczar
- python-pyramid
- ldapjdk
- kinput2

Maintainers got automated notifications so I guess those packages
are either orphaned or need professional help. Volunteers welcome!

cu
Ludwig

[1] mailto:opensuse-releaseteam@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[2] https://www.suse.com/betaprogram/sle-beta/