Re: [opensuse-factory] Tallying the quality of package descriptions
On Thu, 2017-05-18 at 16:42 +0200, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Thursday 2017-05-18 16:38, Andreas Färber wrote:

Hi Jan,

Am 18.05.2017 um 14:05 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

I just felt like hacking up, and now sharing, a script to gauge
where there is
overly much advertisement language in the descriptions of
openSUSE TW packages.

I feel it would me more helpful to have some easily accessible
guidelines with good vs. bad examples for new packages being
added... ?

rpmlint forces people to write or copy BS simply because minimal
descriptions result in length warnings.

rpmlint is practically useless - people complete ignore it, even
for trivial things like "summary must not end in dot".

You mean those 51 packages:

Let's clean this up and change rpmlint from a warning to an error :)
That will teach people.