Re: [opensuse-factory] Leap 42.3 has backported from Plasma 5.9.5 an updated systemsettings5 to include the Application Menu Bar
On 11/05/17 04:38 PM, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On jeudi, 11 mai 2017 17.54:10 h CEST Roman Bysh wrote:
Hi all,

The "Application Menu Bar" was backported from Plasma 5.9.5 and is now
available in the latest build of 42.3. Just right click on the desktop and
select the Application Menu Bar. Place the bar at the top pf the screen.
The menus i.e kate will appear on the menu bar (from most Qt apps)
excluding Firefox, Chrome, Chromium and GNOME applications.

Then select Configure Desktop->Application Style->Fine Tuning - click on the
Application dropdown arrow and select the "Application Menu Bar" widget.

You might have to log out and log in.

I would have been understanding better with one or 2 images links.
Thanks for having done the reporting.

I have created links to new screenshots from Leap 42.3 below:

Application Menu Widget in systemsettings5
http://img.susepaste.org/82876261

Application Menu Bar appears as a panel on your desktop in 43.3
http://img.susepaste.org/38803291

Kate's menu appears on the Application Menu Bar like OSX
http://img.susepaste.org/22032649