Re: [opensuse-factory] Thunderbird new upgrades for current Opensuse versions - now sticking to ESR?
On 03/05/17 02:00 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
Yes, but I took the opportunity to ask about Thunderbird, because it is
related, it has the same maintainer, and the reason for the update or
not could be similar.

And the version numbers on each, at least on my system, are similar.
Before that last update I made to Firefox yesterday they were both
52.<something> on my system

Coincidence?

I failed to change the subject line, but the text
in the post was clear enough.

Perhaps I should have chosen an item earlier in the thread before you changed
the ${BODY}-subject away from the ${SUBJ), that is, staying on topic.

This is a pointless sub-argument.
The core issue about the updates, the upstream, applies to both.
As you say, its related, and, while not sharing as much of the code as eternal
libraries as I would like to see, does have an amazingly common code base, and
hence the vulnerability in one are very likely to be in the other, and
'fixed/'maintained' in the same way, around the same time. That, however, is
not enough reason, as far as I can see, for the similar numbering. Others may
disagree.

--
The scars of others should teach us caution.
-- Saint Jerome, Letter