[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/09 & 10
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

Last week I missed the time to prepare a write up of what had happened.
For this reason, this time I am covering 2 weeks worth of snapshots.
And there were quite a few of them. In fact, I counted 10 (decimal
value). I’ll try to inform you about the interesting updates that were
delivered in the snapshots 0225, 0226, 0227, 0228, 0302, 0303, 0304,
0305, 0308 and 0309 (only very few days were without a snapshot again)

so, the interesting pieces this time were:

  * Linux Kernel 4.10.0 & 4.10.1
  * More python single-spec work
  * GStreamer 1.10.4
  * VirtualBox got some 3D acceleration fixes / documentation
  * KDE Frameworks 5.31.0
  * KDE Plasma 5.9.3
  * RPM 4.13.0.1
  * glibc 2.25

You see, this is quite a list of major updates that accumulated in this
short period. And things just keep on rolling.

The noteworthy things happening are:

  * implementation of the new system user generation (Thanks to
Thorsten for driving this)
  * GCC 5 will be dropped from Tumbleweed (openSUSE has been using gcc6
for a long time – and gcc7 is just on the horizon)
  * KDE Applications 16.12.3
  * MozillaFirefox 52 – No more support for NPAPI based plugins (except
Flash for now)
  * The new Desktop Selection in the installer
  * GNOME 3.24.0 – ETA will be week 13
  * The reorganised patterns, thanks to Simon Lees

Exciting times are coming, don’t you think so?

Cheers,
Dominique