[opensuse-factory] Rolling to Leap 42.3
Hi,

The bits and pieces needed for a rolling development phase of Leap
42.3 are now up and running!

That means just like with Tumbleweed, the download server¹ doesn't
just serve the latest build OBS produces. A build only shows up
there if the automated testing results of openQA² are sufficiently³
green. So from now on until the gold master zypper dup will update
step by step to the final 42.3.

It is important to remember that despite the rolling development
phase Leap 42.3 itself will not be a rolling distribution. The
process stops with the gold master iso end of July. Until then there
are two gates:
- bigger version updates (if there are any) must ge completed by May
21st.
- package freeze starts June 25th

42.3 continues the 42 line of Leap and is meant to be a small
service pack alike refresh. We need a smooth upgrade without
surprises from 42.2 to 42.3. With that in mind I'd like to remind
package maintainers that we don't have to and can not offer the
latest and greatest of everything. So please carefully test package
updates you may submit⁴⁵.

cu
Ludwig

[1] https://software.opensuse.org/developer