Re: [opensuse-factory] New Tumbleweed snapshot 20170303 breaks plymouth with lucks LVM AND brakes also multimonitor support of Plasma using Nouveau.
On dimanche, 5 mars 2017 12.20:47 h CET stakanov wrote:
In data domenica 5 marzo 2017 12:16:05, Bruno Friedmann ha scritto:
On dimanche, 5 mars 2017 12.11:49 h CET stakanov wrote:
After having overcome that plymouth is broken, now I am in the desktop:

Graphics Nvidia 7600, Processor X2 Phenom 560, 2 GB Ram (so a normal
system).

Monitor resolution is broken. The screen does not allow to select the
resolution. The second output on VGA is not seen, so multimonitor
support
is broken.
The image of the screen is ridiculously small compared to the monitor.
The
size is about 3/4 of normal.
During boot (after eliminating Plymouth) there are no error messages.

On the same system (running Leap 42.2 standard) everything is perfect.
So
the issue is not hardware wise.

Sorry to bother, you didn't specify if you're using nvidia blob or
nouveau?

You do not bother, I am using nouveau. Sorry for not specifying.

A curiosity: I complain since quite some time about VLC-Kaffeine not
working, while VLC does.
I found out that if started in recovery mode, the VLC-Kaffeine does work
(also sized as a stamp) but shows immage. While it does not if started
normaly. I would expect this to be all connected as Vdpau complains about
not being able to choose the right display. (Maybe I am wrong but for me it
has some sense as in recovery mode I do not have multimonitor support.

Currently the selecton of kde shows just: one monitor, no selection of
resolution).

I'm not in your situation, but I would try the following.
remove any xf86-video driver installed and try to use xorg modesetting
so only nouveau kernel module is in used.

Last time I've checked modesetting was not really the silber bullet for my
specific case (dual-hidpi,3rd normal screen).

Your card 7600 start to be aged also, I hope those chips where not declared
obsolete in nouveau driver ? Perhaps checking changelog in nouveau about
deprecated and so can reveal something.

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch