Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
Ruediger Meier wrote:
[...]
So if we really want to avoid cron's 15min-wakeup thing then I would
suggest only adding 4 systemd timers hourly,daily,weekly,monthly which
simply call the scripts from the /etc/cron.* dirs in alphabetically
order.

Exactly. Plus moving scripts that are not actually config files from
/etc to /usr. We could for example have someting like
/usr/lib/timers/{hourly,daily,weekly,monthly} to abstract away from
systemd timers.

cu
Ludwig

--