Re: [opensuse-factory] KDE - black after Tumbleweed snapshot 20170224
On Sunday, 26 February 2017 22:18:25 CET Peter Mc Donough wrote:
Hi,

I see black in KDE after the last snapshot, i.e. Tumbleweed boots into
level 5, no loginbox, just black with one white cursor.
Exit with MagicSysRequest.

Booting into level 3 is possible.
Startx as user from there results in a slight pinkish screen instead of
black, and that is it.

System:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 960T, 16GB RAM, Graphics AMD RX460.

Ideas?

The automatic openQA test running on
https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/361167#step/user_gui_login/1
has no problem to get to a working plasma session. I suspect something about
accelerated graphics in plasma. You might want to start with a clean plasma
session, i.e. move your ~/.kde4 folder elsewhere or rename, to crosscheck and
take a look into your ~/.xsession-errors-:0