Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
On 2017-02-27 00:58, Stefan Bruens wrote:
On Sonntag, 26. Februar 2017 16:08:26 CET Thorsten Kukuk wrote:
On Sun, Feb 26, nicholas wrote:
(to both points): evidence/examples/references? arch wiki
gives overwhelming advantages for systemd timers.

I suggest to use it yourself and don't trust any wikis without
questioning, why this wiki article was written.

systemd timer don't send you the output via mail by default.

And cron by default does not send output to any mail address I
regularly read, as is likely true for most other linux users. I
considersending mail to an unread local mail account - requiring
some local mail delivery - a bug, not a feature.

But local mail deliver always works, unless you work to break it. You
can configure cron to mail to an external user instead. I do, some times.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.