Re: [opensuse-factory] why is tumbleweed still using cron?
On Sun, Feb 26, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, as cron is not broken, works fine and is understood, and the
distro will keep having it available for people that prefer it, what
need do we have to migrate the system cron jobs to systemd? What
benefit do we obtain?

If you think about single purpose operating systems, it would make
absolutly sense to migrate anything to systemd timer and drop cron.
Like we currently do for SUSE CaaS Platform.

But for a multi-purpose OS, it doesn't make any sense, because you
still need the cron service.

Thorsten