Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
26.02.2017 16:17, Carlos E. R. пишет:
On 2017-02-26 14:14, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
26.02.2017 16:09, Carlos E. R. пишет:

PS it is trivial to expand btrfs even online (mounted) btrfs
filesystem resize +2g /

If you have free disk. I'm assuming that it doesn't need to be
contiguous space, I do not know.

In principle it is possible to add another partition as second
device. This is not supported by YaST though.

Like LVM?

Not sure I understand the question. btrfs has multidevice support; it
also has internal implementation of various raid levels. There is
nothing new here. But YaST currently only supports single device btrfs.

Situation is similar to using encrypted LUKS as root filesystem - it is
possible but when using YaST.

Now that I think. On SSD "contiguous space" has no meaning. We could
virtually join space in partition 3 to partition 10 and reorder to be
contiguous without moving any data. Create new bigger partition 3 any
time.

Has anybody designed for this?

Not sure what you mean with "reordering" but yes, on SSD logically
concatenating multiple non-contiguous partitions should have no negative
impact like on rotating disks.