Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 23:19:10 GMT Carlos E. R. wrote:

Well, I accepted whatever was the default partition scheme during
install. So, something the openSUSE team needs to change, I would
have thought. At the very least, a message to the effect. 100GB is
insane for a root partition for any other distro.

The choice of distro has no relevance. If you use btrfs, you need at
least double the space you would allocate. If you choose a distro that
changes fast, then at least triple.

And as I said: if that is the case, then it needs to be clear to users. Other
distros *are* relevant because they will colour users' perception with regard
to sensible root partition size.

That is my opinion. Others differ, but you can see what happened to you...

You seem to be implying that this is a mess of my own creation. If so, then
yes, my opinion will differ *greatly* from yours.

Huw