Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On 2017-02-26 00:07, huw wrote:
On 2017-02-25 18:14, huw wrote:

Yeah, the root was completely filled - at least according to
df,

Overall: Device size: 29.30GiB Device
allocated: 26.40GiB

So, a 30 GiB root partition. That is way too little for btrfs,
even more so on Tumbleweed. You should have 100 GiB at least. If
you want snapshots, that is.

Well, I accepted whatever was the default partition scheme during
install. So, something the openSUSE team needs to change, I would
have thought. At the very least, a message to the effect. 100GB is
insane for a root partition for any other distro.

The choice of distro has no relevance. If you use btrfs, you need at
least double the space you would allocate. If you choose a distro that
changes fast, then at least triple.

That is my opinion. Others differ, but you can see what happened to you...

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.