Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
* huw <huw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-25-17 13:28]:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 18:21:15 GMT nicholas wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 19:02:49 CET huw wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 17:40:27 GMT nicholas wrote:
you say it was full, you deleted snapshots, have free space, and have
upgraded (dup --no-allow-vendor-change) - so is it working?

Yeah - to be clear, I have a (seemingly) fully functional system right
now.
It's just that I would like the assurance that I will be able to roll back
if I ever need to, hence my experiments with Snapper. At the moment,
because the system doesn't fully boot (into SDDM and thence into KDE) from
a snapshot I'm not convinced things would work if I attempted a rollback.

my head is spinning, but yes you should be able to login and go to a
functioning desktop, however since you previously borked your system id try
again with a new snapshot and if it dosnt work youve found a bug.

I'd say the fact that Snapper was able to fill my root partition without
quotas being disabled is a bug...

and so you will report it ???

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net