Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
  • From: nicholas <ndcunliffe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2017 19:21:15 +0100
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 19:02:49 CET huw wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 17:40:27 GMT nicholas wrote:
you say it was full, you deleted snapshots, have free space, and have
upgraded (dup --no-allow-vendor-change) - so is it working?

Yeah - to be clear, I have a (seemingly) fully functional system right now.
It's just that I would like the assurance that I will be able to roll back
if I ever need to, hence my experiments with Snapper. At the moment,
because the system doesn't fully boot (into SDDM and thence into KDE) from
a snapshot I'm not convinced things would work if I attempted a rollback.

Kind regards,
Huw

my head is spinning, but yes you should be able to login and go to a
functioning desktop, however since you previously borked your system id try
again with a new snapshot and if it dosnt work youve found a bug.