Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 16:09:41 GMT nicholas wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 16:46:15 CET huw wrote:
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 10:03:53 GMT nicholas wrote:
general comment - if the confusing dialouge is not a limitation of grub -
*it should be changed*

if you did want more help - can you describe the problem, assumed cause
and
what you mean by a usable desktop?

Well, I didn't go into it at first because it's probably related to a recent
zypper up I did with (unknowingly) a full root partition, which caused the
upgrade to partially fail. But anyway, the problem is that when I boot
from a snapshot I get as far as the grey screen with three green dots in
the middle, and it doesn't go any further. I can use alt-f1 to switch to a
console though. Is this working as intended, or should SDDM start?

Kind regards,
Huw

your on tumbleweed with btrfs and your root is full?
have you disabled quotas?
what does "sudo btrfs filesystem usage -h /" say?
can you also give output of "sudo snapper list"

Yeah, the root was completely filled - at least according to df, which I have
since learned may not be reliable on a btrfs partition, although when I last
upgraded I had a whole slew of errors relating to the device being full. I
already deleted some snapshots manually now, and have upgraded at least once
since. However, the output of your command is:

Overall:
Device size: 29.30GiB
Device allocated: 26.40GiB
Device unallocated: 2.90GiB
Device missing: 0.00B
Used: 23.45GiB
Free (estimated): 5.27GiB (min: 3.82GiB)
Data ratio: 1.00
Metadata ratio: 2.00
Global reserve: 61.83MiB (used: 0.00B)

Data,single: Size:24.34GiB, Used:21.96GiB
/dev/sda4 24.34GiB

Metadata,DUP: Size:1.00GiB, Used:759.55MiB
/dev/sda4 2.00GiB

System,DUP: Size:32.00MiB, Used:16.00KiB
/dev/sda4 64.00MiB

Unallocated:
/dev/sda4 2.90GiB

I have not knowingly disabled quotas - I wouldn't know how.

Kind regards,
Huw