Re: [opensuse-factory] Snapper: cannot boot from any snapshots
On Saturday, 25 February 2017 10:03:53 GMT nicholas wrote:

general comment - if the confusing dialouge is not a limitation of grub - *it
should be changed*

if you did want more help - can you describe the problem, assumed cause and
what you mean by a usable desktop?

Well, I didn't go into it at first because it's probably related to a recent
zypper up I did with (unknowingly) a full root partition, which caused the
upgrade to partially fail. But anyway, the problem is that when I boot from a
snapshot I get as far as the grey screen with three green dots in the middle,
and it doesn't go any further. I can use alt-f1 to switch to a console though.
Is this working as intended, or should SDDM start?

Kind regards,
Huw