[opensuse-factory] openSUSE Tumbleweed - Review of the week 2017/08
Dear Tumbleweed users and hackers,

This week we had to cancel a couple snapshots, as a regression in grub
was detected, that caused issues on chain-loading bootloaders. But
thanks to our genius maintainers, the issue could be found, fixed and
integrated into Tumbleweed (and this despite being busy with hackweek!
A great THANK YOU!). Despite those canceled snapshots, this review will
still span 4 revisions: 0216, 0218, 0219 and 0224. And believe me,
there have been quite some things coming your way.

The most impacting were:

  * Linux kernel 4.9.10 & 4.9.11
  * Python 3.6
  * Mesa 17.0
  * KDE Plasma 5.9.2
  * Libreoffice 5.3.0.3

Python 3.6 did cause some trouble for users of applications beyond the
rings (remember: only ring-packages are tested on integration of any
updated package). You can find a list of packages still failing at
http://goo.gl/3AX7sK – Help to get those sorted is appreciated from all
sides.

What else is coming our way in the near future:

  * RPM 4.13.0.1 – A regression was already spotted during 4.13.0
staging and upstream corrected it. A handful of packages still needs
adjustments
  * GLibc 2.25 – Nobody seems to be providing fixes for any of the
failures… Call for help! Please let’s move this forward
  * Linux Kernel 4.10 (snapshot 0225+)
  * python single-spec work: building code for multiple python targets
out of a single spec file; first submissions started

As a reminder, here once again the link to the Factory dashboard [0],
where you can see which staging areas are in need of help. All build
failures need to be addressed in one way or another for a staging
project to be moving forward.

With all this said, go forth and have a lot of fun!
Dominique

0: https://build.opensuse.org/project/staging_projects/openSUSE:Factory