Re: [opensuse-factory] LibreOffice fails to start after snapshot 20170219
On jeudi, 23 février 2017 14.40:59 h CET Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On jeudi, 23 février 2017 11.14:31 h CET Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
Hello,
when upgrading to this snapshot (with zypper dup
--no-allow-vendor-change),
I had to reinstall veusz and convertall because of change of version of
Python. When I tried to keep old Python, LibreOffice refused to update, so
that I accepted remove of veusz and convertall and upgraded everything
from
the snapshot.
Since then, LibreOffice fails to start. Splash is shown for a while, then
it disappears. Starting from command line produces nothing. I verified if
all packages are correctly installed and dependencies met and it seems to
be fine. Any idea how to trace the problem?
Sincerely,
V.

As reported by others, you have to remove your old config if opengl was
selected. In new configuration once you tick the use opengl for everything
loo crash again.

Removing old configuration is not cool, as its extremly hard to dissociated
what programs want to store there, and what's your real personnal things.

Ok digging a bit here the tricks,

You can save your old configuration by editing the file
~/.config/libreoffice/4/user/registrymodifications.xcu

and set the following values to false

<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/VCL"><prop
<item oor:path="/org.openoffice.Office.Common/VCL"><prop oor:name="UseOpenGL"

Then 5.3 start ...

hopefully linux kernel 4.10 will come and then openQA can use opengl vGpu :-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch