Re: [SOLVEd] Re: [opensuse-factory] Re: Magic Sysrequest gone??
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 21:15:09 +0100
From there: You can enable it in YaST->Security and Users->Security
Center and Hardening e.g.

That is where I had already checked.
With a little experiment I found something I didn't expect:

Green hook = disabled
red cross = enabled

for the security center it actually makes sense, when you think
Green hook = disabled = secure
red cross = enabled = insecure

I understood the reasoning. That's what I meant about value judgements.
It's out of place to say one way or the other is good or bad or wrong or
right. Even in a security dialog.

Well, that's the "Security Overview" dialog. So the checkmarks tell the
security status. (whether it's considered to be safer to have it enabled or
disabled security-wise is a different story though, I suppose)

The proper place to configure this is "Miscellanous Settings" in the same
module or the "Kernel Settings" module (in "Hardware"), I think.

Although, I agree that the "Configure" is misleading and maybe a bug. Other
things do have an Enable/Disable option there...

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang