Re: [opensuse-factory] zypper dup disaster
  • From: Wolfgang Bauer <wbauer@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:42:32 +0100
Am Montag, 20. Februar 2017, 11:30:05 schrieb Glenn Holmer:
Just ran "zypper dup" and all hell broke loose. On restart, I get about
a dozen "ambiguous shortcut" dialogs, as well as a konsole segfault.

Does this happen on a fresh user account too?

Those checks for duplicate shortcuts on startup have been added recently
(before the checks were only done when you pressed or configured a shortcut),
to make it easier to detect such problems.

It may be that your user's shortcut config files are messed up somehow,
causing those dialogs.

The Konsole crash may be related, but is likely something else.

When I click the "Report Bug" dialog for konsole, I get the "This crash
information is not useful enough..." dialog, and when I click "Install
Debug Symbols", I get a modal dialog saying it failed, with no further
information.

You need to enable the debug repo in YaST->Software Repositories (or via
zypper) so that the debug packages are actually found.

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang