Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170219 python3 stuff
On Monday 2017-02-20 11:15, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:

On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 10:59 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
Once installed, due to its failure, in the for example case we have
today, it
prevent smooth up(dgr)ate.
It could be a service to end-users ;-)
I admit I've not the global vision and being able to weight the
burden that
create in contribution.

That argument is valid for all 11k packages in TW; once installed, then
it breaks in TW, an upgrade of said package will be tough. Still, I
hope you're not suggesting to add 11k packages to the rings and try to
stage stuff with.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the purpose of rings, but isn't

for a in ${all packages}; check if "zypper in" yields "unresolvable"; done

doable as a trivial test? It can't possibly take more than a day to run through
these.