Re: [opensuse-factory] TW 20170219 python3 stuff
On lundi, 20 février 2017 10.16:26 h CET Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar
wrote:
On Mon, 2017-02-20 at 09:26 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
On lundi, 20 février 2017 07.42:04 h CET Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
python3 (3.5.1 -> 3.6.0)
python3-base (3.5.1 -> 3.6.0)
python3-louis
python3-urllib3

Unfortunately, with this introduction, there's lot of missing dep
python3-sip 4.9.11 want abi =3.5
also python3-qt5
and so on.

the problem is that python3-sip fails to build against the new python
3.6 - and python3-sip is not part of the ring setup, so it was not
caught to be breaking; I hope to get a fixed build for this soon

hitch ...

I guess that introducing newer python into TW should be handle with
even more
care in a dedicated snapshot.

Everything in the rings is tested - evreything outside of the rings is
not tested; this has been the limitation all along.

cheers,
Dominique

Thanks this is the explanation, and what I mean by improving our rings/test/
release process.
We now discover that sip is a good candidate to be included in ring no?

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch