Re: [opensuse-factory] texlive- packages on Tumbleweed
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [02-16-17 06:28]:
El 2017-02-16 a las 07:23 +0100, Stephan Kulow escribió:
Am 16.02.2017 um 07:16 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:

So please take this number with a grain of salt ;-)

Not totally. It will install over 1400 of those. Even though transfig
only needs a few, those need others, who need others, etc.

If it was only a few getting installed I would not care.

The size of what gets installed is over 800 MB.

That's a damn big grain of salt.

Well, transfig users should think twice what functionality they expect -
perhaps libreoffice-draw is good enough :)

It is not that users want transfig, it is that ImageMagick-extra appears to
be recommending transfig. People suddenly notice that the same TW
installation now wants to download thousands of packages, not knowing why.

I use: zypper -v dup --no-r --no-allow-v

and "rpm -qa *tex* |wc -l"
23

which includes nvidia-texture-tools, gettext-tools, ktexteditor,
libwx_gtk2u_richtext-suse1, perl-gettext, libexttextcat,and gettext-runtime

and lowers that count to 16

so appears you need to add the limit to your zypper invocation, --no-r,
after removing most of the unnecessary texlive packages.

note that "--no-r" also bans "lang" packages that are not necessary for
your particular setup, but doesn't ban update those you individually
choose to include.

"recommends" *already* on your installs will continue to be updated.

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/gallery2 Registered Linux User #207535

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo @ http://linuxcounter.net