Re: [opensuse-factory] new desktop selection for opensuse
On Tue, 14 Feb 2017 20:06:05 +0200
"opensuse.lietuviu.kalba" <opensuse.lietuviu.kalba@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

2017.02.13 21:21, Felix Miata rašė:
Even though I'm a KISS believer, IMO it is a disservice to first
exposure users that diminishes the apparent power of openSUSE to
limit this selection list to only the two most demanding desktop
environments. If XFCE, Mate, Cinnamon and/or others available as
patterns cannot be included in this list as selections, then it
would be good to put several in parentheses with ", etc." beside
"Other" so that it's clear "Other" is not an option to be casually
dismissed.

Or it could be

* KDE Desktop
* GNOME Desktop
* Server (Text Mode)
* Select desktop pattern manually

And after selecting last option (and pressing Next button) open YaST
software patterns dialog immediately (user should not wait
installation summary to click to enter software selection).

This is what actually happen now. Only wording is Custom, as it can be
any patern, not only another desktops, but you can also pick mail
server, dhcp server pattern and more. so you pick yourself roles for
your computer. To be honest I do not find the best wording for last
option that emphasis it. But at least it is described in Help text ( at
help button ).

--

Regards